Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Client Services RepresentativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 652747BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 28, 2019
Job Summary:Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the post production of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and post production facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The primary function of the Associate Client Services Representative (ACSR) is to assist the Filmmaker Services Representative (FSR) and the CSR team that serves as the Disney Digital Studio Services (DDSS) liaisons and “owns” the customer relationship between internal Walt Disney Company clients/stakeholders, 3rd party customers and the operations/delivery function for DDSS. The Associate CSR should be able to assist and at times completely handle the work of the CSR in coordinating with the operations team to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient delivery.
- Partners with the CSRs to create work orders and then closely monitor the production and delivery of the work ordered
- Partners with FSR with the DDSS marketing efforts to reach and showcase the filmmakers. Such as, but not limited to creating and editing stories for the DDSS web site and social media outlets, as well as coordinating efforts for others within DDSS to participate in preparing content for the website or other marketing functions In addition, the ACSR would assist with our participation in the filmmaker groups/societies/ and guilds.
- Ensures that all work is in the system and billed within 24 hours of delivery
- Point person between the client and studio operations, Facilities Services and Support (FS&S). Tracks, monitors, and follows up on FS&S requests.
- Builds and fosters relationships with our internal and external customers
- Assists the CSRs in daily check-ins with client population to review past work and take orders for upcoming work
- Receives work orders and direction from clients through calls and physical visits
- Assists in the maintenance of the schedule book of all available times in all of our businesses and operations
- Partners with studio operations to make sure all rooms in the Digital Studio Center are clean and comfortable
- Works together with clients to ensure that the proper time and facilities are available for work across the portfolio of business units in PPS
- Maintains ongoing daily communication about the status of the work in progress and availability of future dates
- Proactively communicates how changing schedules impact work and costs
- Handles the concierge role such as producing parking passes, going on coffee runs and keeping the kitchen pantry stocked, organized, and clean
- Maintains a positive attitude, is friendly and helpful serving our clients and meeting their needs and other special requests
- Delivers customer service by being helpful on the technical side, through the gathering and understanding technical and business requirements, schedules and workflows
- Uses knowledge and vision for digital services, along with the lessons learned by others in the industry to build partnerships with operations partners and Studio allies to create innovative work-flows that are cost effective, efficient, timely and of quality
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Entertainment industry experience in motion picture post production, editorial, and visual effects at a post production facility and/or studio. The candidate should also have hands on experience working with the creative filmmakers and an ability to communicate everything from a visual effects workflow to their lunch order in an efficient and straightforward manner.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Strong technical working knowledge and fluency in film, video and data-centric workflows
- Must have a basic knowledge, with the capacity to learn more about customer requirements in picture and sound television and motion picture post production and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, timelines, and deals effectively with pressure
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards.
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Ability to work well in a team environment and applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Fits and works well with a high energy and talented team
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and managing external vendors
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and SAP
- Knowledge of the workflows and services offered within DDSS (with the ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry’s changing requirements).
- High School Degree
- BA Degree in Communications, Film Studies, or other Production related major.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.