Associate EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 774674BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
edge technology to bring first class entertainment to the big screen for audiences around the
world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Associate Editor to join our team at our Burbank, CA Studios.
The Associate Editor reports into the Supervising Editor and Vice President of Post Production.
- Deliver high quality first pass of edited picture and sound to Supervising Lead Editor
- Research, cut, conform temp sound effects under creative direction of Director and Lead Editor as needed.
- Make sure the Director’s creative vision is correctly represented in sound
- Maintain and update sound effects throughout the evolution of the film
- Backup Lead Editor when he or she is sick or on vacation by running editorial sessions and review sessions
- Tackle special editorial projects and presentations
- Attend Editorial turnovers and take notes on special sound requests and design issues
- Attend screenings and take notes for reel updates
- Make sure sound is at the highest quality for all screenings. Support Lead Editor with AVID temp mixes
- Make sure that sound crew has access to conformed temp sound effect tracks for reference
- Help support Post with marketing, franchise and bonus content deliveries
- Help Lead Editor and First Assistant establish work procedures and expectations for the cutting room whether working from home or the office
- 6 + years experience in a Feature Film Editorial Capacity
- 3 + years Editorial experience in Feature Animated Films a plus
- Advance technical knowledge of AVID Media Composer
- Understanding of Animation pre-production, production and post production processes
- Experience cutting Independent projects or short subject films as a Lead Editor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Digital Media, related field or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.