Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Employee Relations ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 663826BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 29, 2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Pictures seeks an Associate Manager, Employee Relations to support the Walt Disney Studios Human Resources team. The Employee Relations function is responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a fair and consistent manner. This position will support the ongoing evolution of the Walt Disney Studios’ Employee Relations department and act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP), clients, Labor Relations, Legal, and other partners.
- Respond to employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as discrimination and harassment, or that violate Company policies, by conducting timely internal investigations independently or in conjunction with supervisors, HR Business Partners and other business partners.
- Prepare recommendations for review and consult with internal Employee Relations leadership and Legal partners regarding appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
- Research and respond to agency claims, including DFEH, EEOC, and union grievances as applicable.
- Collaborate and consult with applicable partners on employee relations issues to effectively support the business by providing insights and recommendations, and implementing strategies that align to company practices and philosophies. Ensure compliance of company policies and practices by responding to inquiries regarding policy and procedure interpretation, and providing guidance to HRBPs, employees and leaders.
- Assist with creating investigative disciplinary memos and support the performance management process by consulting on and assisting with performance management documents.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable changes in policies and procedures and work with lines of business to review and update their site-specific policies.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Studio critical response protocols (i.e. ER/HR accountabilities); actively participate in the company’s enterprise emergency response efforts by coordinating Studio accountabilities.
- Leverage available metrics to identify trends/root causes and provide recommendations to implement strategies and develop proactive strategies to reduce undesirable activity and sustain positive results.
- Create centralized organization, and consistent and automated processes for ER activities to enhance partnerships with clients, HR colleagues, and Legal. This includes the case intake process and management, documentation, tracking systems and reporting.
- Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with HRBP teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources, including Employee Relations experience
- Knowledge of employment law and practices; able to comprehend Company policies/guidelines with the ability to effectively apply the knowledge to multiple situations
- Strong project management skills; can effectively handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to consult, respond to inquiries and influence a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Creative and strategic problem solving skills; ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Advanced communication skills; analyzes, interprets, and provides key and complex communication to team members, clients, and partners, both written and orally
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research, consolidate data and formulate observations/recommendations
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
- Ability to execute against multiple high priority projects through exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related work experience required
- Juris Doctorate preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.