Associate, International TreasuryApply NowApply Later Job ID 865662BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 21, 2021
The International Treasury Group within the Corporate Treasury department is responsible for supporting the Company in achieving its international performance goals and implementation of new business initiatives. In this capacity, the Group is responsible for managing the Company’s global foreign currency risk, international liquidity and repatriation efforts, international financing needs, and support for international investments. It operates in coordination with other Corporate Treasury departments and also Corporate Tax, Corporate Legal, Corporate Controllership, Walt Disney International and most business units.
The Associate position will support all aspects of the International Treasury Group. Recent projects include: developing a currency risk management program for the construction and acquisition of three new cruise ships, analyzing the role of currency options in the Company’s hedge program, building a long term international cash and tax planning model, and assessing possible locations for the Company’s international Treasury/Financing centers.
Responsibilities:Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- The Associate will work with Disney’s business units in order to identify and quantify the Company’s foreign exchange risk, including risk from existing operations and new international expansion initiatives.
- The Associate will analyze global macroeconomic, geopolitical, and market related information in order to help form a Group perspective on currency trends, risks and hedge positions.
- The Associate will contribute to the efforts of measuring the effectiveness of the Group’s risk management program, the impact on the Company’s financial statements, and implement strategies to improve future effectiveness.
- The Associate will perform analysis to enhance current risk management practices, develop risk mitigation strategies for new exposures, and look for opportunities to optimize the cost/benefit tradeoff of entering into hedge positions.
- The Associate will monitor the group’s exposure to financial counterparties and assist in developing models and strategies to mitigate the Company’s risk to those counterparties.
- The Associate will support financing of new or existing international business initiatives through internal or external financing efforts.
- The Associate will develop effective international liquidity management strategies (taking into account tax, regulatory, and economic considerations) so that international cash can be utilized efficiently and obligations of financing structures are satisfied.
- The Associate will assess market dynamics in order to determine return requirements for the Company’s businesses across international markets.
- The Associate will perform analytical and other support for corporate value-adding initiatives and/or business investments
- Strong interest in finance and financial markets
- Minimum of three years of experience in finance
- General accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to present and influence stakeholders
- Strong record of academic achievement
- BA required, MBA strongly preferred with concentration in finance
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.