Associate Manager, Talent Relations & EventsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753260BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 23, 2020
Responsibilities:The Associate Manager, Talent Relations and Events plays a key role on the Disney+ Marketing team, and will manage talent outreach and detailed itineraries/logistics for events, festivals, shoots, and awards; plan and support various events, including talent dinners, screenings, premieres; and handle gifting/ticketing processes.
- Day-to-day responsibilities also include invoice processing, vendor management, and building/maintaining trackers, databases, guest lists, and calendars
- Requires interfacing with talent and their representatives on behalf of the company and handling confidential and sensitive information
- Interact with talent reps to secure talent participation in events and manage all aspects of talent and event/festival/shoots/awards logistics (travel, hotel blocks, glam, credentialing, itineraries)
- Manage talent gifting and premium items including selection, negotiation, approval, procurement, and delivery; fulfill talent requests for tickets/Disney Resort visits
- Make recommendations, plan and cover smaller-scale events independently such as talent dinners, tastemaker screenings, and FYC events; support larger events including premieres, after-parties and festival/conventions
- Handle invoice processing and vendor paperwork; build and maintain trackers, databases, guest lists, and event/festival calendars
- 4-6 years of experience in the entertainment industry, particularly in talent-facing roles and with event planning
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, stay calm under pressure, interface with high-profile talent, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel and work on nights and weekends
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.