Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate, Pension & InvestmentsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645449BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 30, 2019
The Pension and Investments Group within Corporate Treasury oversees over $20 billion of retirement plan assets encompassing both defined benefit (pension) and defined contribution (401(k)) plans. The company’s pension plan is invested in a broad array of diversified investments including domestic and international equities, fixed income and alternative investments (private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge funds) as well as derivatives and other uniquely detailed security structures. The 401(k) plans are equally well-represented save for the illiquid and derivatives-based instruments that often reside in the alternatives category.
The Pension and Investments Group is a forward-thinking team that seeks to engage its investment mandate with intelligence, prudence and quickness – both in thought and action. Our mission is to select the best investment vehicles and structures on behalf of The Walt Disney Company’s retirement plan participants against an ever-changing backdrop of the world’s financial markets and economic conditions. This includes viewing and researching the financial markets and its agents (managers, brokers, consultants) with respect and agility, but also doing so inquisitively and skeptically, to make sure the investment partnerships we engage in today are both beneficial in talent and character to generate the market-beating results net-of-fees needed for tomorrow.
Responsibilities:The Corporate Treasury Department seeks a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Associate within the Pension and Investments Group. As an integral member of the Team, the Associate will be primarily responsible for:
- Overseeing existing investment structures and managers, monitoring market trends on both a real-time and long-term basis, and selecting & incorporating new investment vehicles/managers into portfolios.
- Conducting regular reviews, calls and visits with investment managers and associated vendors and other skilled business partners to assess the continuing excellence of the manager roster and the associated asset allocation/underlying security construct.
- Reviewing legal contracts (including LPAs, subscriptions documents, side letters, annual MFN review and extension requests) and working with internal/external legal counsel to professionally execute.
- Developing and executing high-engaged/synthesized presentations/projects to senior management.
- Researching and rendering performance attribution and risk and exposure analyses, as well as engaging in opportunistic market/benchmark/peer evaluations to raise the capabilities of the Group.
- Identifying new investment opportunities and talent to develop a solid bench of skilled managers.
- 5+ years of institutional investment experience and external manager due diligence
- Experience utilizing analytical investment skills and tools to advance investment return and risk problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiasm for the business/financial markets and institutional asset management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects and results
- Strong documentation skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be nimble in a changing environment
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data
- Ability to conduct thorough research
- Top notch qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- A passion for the lingo, nomenclature, practices, and qualities leading to the highest caliber of investment performance
- An unwavering ethical, moral and mature business and personal character compass
- Strong presentation skills and organizational skills
- Prior asset management experience at a sophisticated institutional investment firm (such as a pension fund, endowment, foundation, or consulting)
- Advanced certifications and training in Excel, Barra, Factset, Bloomberg, and options/futures-related trading
- Any real-time functional investment analytic systems are helpful and/or additional programming capabilities
- CFA or other related investment credentials
- BS/BA and MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.