Associate Principal Counsel – ABC EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 765810BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
- Handling agreements and identifying and resolving legal issues in connection with development, production, licensing and promotion of television programs for The ABC Television Network.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including acquisition, development, production and licensing of scripted and reality programming, late night, theatricals, movies-for-television, specials, indemnity and production services agreements, sponsorship agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, digital agreements, above-the line talent and rights agreements.
- Analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of The ABC Television Network.
- Clients will include such other departments as Business Affairs, Creative, Finance, Participations, Marketing, Promotions, and BS&P.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of law firm and/or in-house experience, with substantial experience drafting and negotiating complex transactional agreements and familiarity with intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
- Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently under deadlines and juggle multiple high-priority projects.
- Detail oriented, hardworking, responsible team player.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment.
- Demonstrates a professional, confident demeanor with opposing counsel and works well with colleagues and communicates effectively with clients and management.
- Takes initiative and able to problem-solve in a professional, creative and ethical manner.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients.
Preferred Qualifications:Substantial experience in entertainment legal at Broadcast or Cable Television Network or Studio, with in-depth understanding of television and experience drafting and negotiating complex production, talent, licensing and acquisition agreements.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree.
- Admission to California State Bar Association (or Registered In-House Counsel).
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.