Associate Principal Counsel - ABCSApply NowApply Later Job ID 7084139520220320 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC Signature is searching for an experienced attorney to work in the role of Associate Principal Counsel. This role will provide support in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on deals relating to the development and production of television programming, and will serve as lead production counsel for several television series.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of entertainment agreements involving the development and production of original live action programming for telecast on a variety of platforms: streaming services and cable networks.
- Provide strategic advice to business, casting, creative, production and finance executives regarding legal matters related to production, intellectual property concerns, chain of title issues, pay equity guidance, and other deal-related, strategic and compliance issues related to the production of original material.
- Act as production counsel for pilots and series including analysis and advice in connection with intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, defamation, rights of publicity and privacy and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of a large television studio.
- Provide counsel to creative, business affairs and television writers and producers with respect to original and complex fact-based projects.
- Work closely with the Litigation Department and outside counsel on litigation matters and with the corporate Intellectual Property group in managing intellectual property issues, including anti-piracy, title and character clearance, patent, trademark and music issues.
- J.D. and Bar Membership (California preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of combined experience at a law firm and/or network/studio.
- Experience in intellectual property and/or at a television studio preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Superior negotiation, drafting, and writing skills; as well as ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills, along with the ability to work under tight deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable, professional, and useful.
- Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common-sense decisions, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals.
- A collegial and collaborative lawyer with enthusiasm for developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business with innovative ideas.
#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 and #CORP_MEDIA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.