Associate Principal Counsel – ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 829749BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
The Global Ethics and Compliance Management team is responsible for developing and promulgating the standards pursuant to which The Walt Disney Company and its affiliated entities do business, developing and implementing anti-corruption and trade compliance policies and procedures, and training Company employees regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, anti-corruption, and trade compliance.
Responsibilities:The Associate Principal Counsel will support the Principal Counsel in administering the Company’s ethics and compliance program, provide training, provide legal advice and counsel regarding global anti-corruption laws, assist in performing anti-corruption risk assessments, and help oversee anti-corruption diligence and monitoring regimes. In this capacity, the Associate Principal Counsel will support the regional Principal Counsel for the US and Canada. Duties will include:
- Assist with providing advice and counsel regarding anti-corruption laws and the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct and other compliance policies.
- Assist with providing compliance advice regarding gifts, hospitality, and business courtesies.
- Collaborating with various business and legal stakeholders to support North American business lines.
- Working with the global compliance team to evaluate the need for and develop enhancements to the Company’s compliance efforts.
- Working with the global compliance team to design and implement compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Performing anti-corruption risk assessments.
- Monitoring legal and regulatory developments, working with the Principal Counsel to assess the potential impact for global stakeholders, supporting and advising on implementation strategies to comply with legal and regulatory changes.
- Assisting with investigations and remediation as needed.
- Legal research.
- Performing due diligence regarding potential third party business partners.
- Managing compliance workflows, specifically, assessing levels of risk, implementing controls, and tracking due diligence, training, contracts and approvals of third parties.
- Managing various legal research platforms and other systems to conduct due diligence.
- Training and Awareness.
- Providing training to Company employees, and others, regarding the Standards of Business Conduct and anti-corruption.
- Undertaking special projects and other compliance related initiatives as needed.
- Effectively providing direction to and collaborating with compliance professionals, including paralegals.
- Performing duties with a high-level of professionalism and courtesy.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in law firm, government agency or in-house with significant experience with anti-corruption compliance.
- Experience in providing training in a group setting is an asset.
- Experience setting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Committed to creating and promoting an inclusive environment.
- Must be team-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented, problem solving approach to issues.
- Self-starter who works well independently, with some supervision, as well as in a team, in a rapidly changing workplace that requires flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze issues, evaluate risk and exercise sound legal judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and client relationship skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Admission to California Bar or qualified to be admitted as Registered In-House Counsel.
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Legal Affairs
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.