Associate Principal Counsel – Digital Antipiracy & Content ProtectionApply NowApply Later Job ID 763536BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 07, 2020
The Corporate Legal Department of The Walt Disney Company is seeking an accomplished lawyer for its Digital Media Antipiracy group. This position offers a rare opportunity to join an in-house legal team to work on substantive intellectual property issues, public policy concerns, and antipiracy strategy. Prior in-house experience is not required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong familiarity with laws governing enforcement of intellectual property rights in the US, background in contract drafting, and experience with the legal and technological issues relating to Internet investigation and enforcement. Knowledge of international intellectual property frameworks is a plus, but not required.
We offer an excellent working environment with an emphasis on a collaboration and teamwork. If you meet the qualifications and thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply.
- Managing online enforcement initiatives and negotiating and drafting vendor and technology agreements as well as antipiracy requirements in distribution agreements.
- Serving as a key legal advisor to the Digital Antipiracy technical operations and investigation teams
- Staying abreast of a rapidly-changing legal, policy, and technology landscape.
- Working closely with internal business stakeholders, industry partners, legal and technology vendors, and individual subject matter legal experts across the company.
- Exhibiting diplomacy, strategic thinking, attention to detail, and the ability to assist in the development of the Company’s global digital media enforcement efforts.
Basic Qualifications:Minimum of 5 years of practice experience at a law firm or a combination of law firm and corporate work, preferably handling vendor agreements and/or intellectual property licensing, and excellent interpersonal, writing, and analytical skills.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree
- Membership in the California Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel is required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.