Associate Project Manager, Mastering ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 877128BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Associate Project Manager, Mastering Services, will assist the Manager of Operations in support of Master Asset Prep and Quality Control to ensure the on-time and right the first-time delivery of current slate Studio films, episodic series and library titles to Disney Streaming Services and Studio inventory.
The APM must be technically knowledgeable and effective in gathering and understanding of business requirements, technical specifications, schedules and workflows. The APM coordinates with the digital operator team to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient delivery; and “owns” the customer relationship between internal clients/stakeholders, third party customers and Disney Digital Studio Services. In addition, the APM is a hospitality specialist who delivers excellent customer service by interacting comfortably with creative and executive team members. He/she must possess flexibility and creativity and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility, including handling routine matters in Manager’s absence as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc.
If you have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning attitude, and would enjoy working for a fun and adventurous company, please apply via www.disneycareers.com. The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Project Management: Coordinate the day-to-day delivery priorities while also forecasting the optimal approach to maximize resources. Additional tasks include:
- Scheduling, status updates, reports, managing metrics, resolving issues, system status updates, billing, facilitate meetings and manage a schedule book of our business and operations (including room, equipment, QC, delivery, etc.).
- Assist in assigning day-to-day priorities of Digital Operators and assist them to ensure they are set up for success while performing their work.
- Client Services and partner management: The building and fostering of relationships with our customers and partners – being a friendly and helpful person who is happy to serve our clients and facilitate smooth deliveries with our partners.
- Support management, partners and customers in understanding their Mastering Schedule needs and liaises with other departments and partners (i.e. Engineering, QC, Projection, Audio, Title Graphics, Subtitles, etc.) to ensure proper environment set up and availability of staff, rooms, assets, and experts.
- Maintain daily communication regarding the status of the work. Due to the nature of production and postproduction, there is the need to proactively communicate how changing schedules impact work and costs. Work must then be closed out and billed in a timely manner.
- Process Improvement & Innovation: Identify opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems and understand new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry.
- In addition to this position’s core responsibilities in Mastering, this position will be looked to for support in our QA and Digital Media Services group as needed.
- Work Order Creation & Billing: The APM creates work orders and is responsible for accurate billing of services offered. Billing must be completed on time. He/she works together with clients to ensure that the proper time and facility rates are billed.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Mastering, File Prep or a related field.
- Strong understanding of the motion picture post production process and technical delivery requirements.
- Strong understanding of Mastering, asset prep, prequal, and QC.
- General and specific knowledge of the workflows and services offered within DDSS (with the ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry’s changing requirements).
- Proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite, post-production scheduling tools.
- General knowledge of industry leading non-linear editing systems (Avid, Premiere) and Mastering tools (DVS Clipster, Colofront Transkoder, Resolve) preferred.
- College Degree Preferred (field of study Media, Cinema, Post Production, etc. preferred)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.