Associate Project Manager, Metadata & LocalizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 763319BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 22, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios is looking for an Associate Project Manager to join our Studio Operations – Library and Technical Services (LTS) team. Library and Technical Services manages the company’s film asset inventory (physical and digital), includes the storage and servicing of assets, and creates the company’s DVD/Blu-ray masters, dubbing reference materials and EPK’s for feature films.
The Associate Project Manager - Metadata Localization is responsible for day-to-day administration of localized metadata for use in international markets. They will be the data steward and central contact point for the metadata department, vendors & territory offices as they will require regular updates and information. In this role, you’re responsible for meeting negotiated milestone dates for assigned titles by proactively identifying issues early in production; while also proactively proposing solutions to issues and
- Validate and certify readiness of requested metadata prior to servicing
- Coordinate cross-team remediation efforts of metadata
- Partner with 3rd party vendors on review and approval of metadata packages
- Organize, develop & implement policies, procedures that enforce the effective management of enterprise data
- Ensure best practices and governance standards are being met on all product master data
- Ensure thorough, accurate & timely completion of assignments
- Support workstream through project management, execution, asset prep facilitation, ordering and remediation
- Act as a liaison to local territory offices clients and vendors
- Identify problem areas of master data through key metrics and monitoring programs designed to ensure data quality
- Orchestrates and prioritizes package delivery requests based on stakeholder input
- Is knowledgeable and realistic when balancing client demands with creative and qualitative integrity
- Troubleshoots issues and performs root cause analysis on issues raised by client
- Take Ownership of assigned production titles & providing solutions to workflow issues
- Provide timely feedback to Manager on delays or challenges for all workflows
- Responsible for the routing of issues to appropriate teams to facilitate remediation
- Sees patterns that help to explain the root caused of complex problems
- Applies creative, practical solutions to solve problems that are not obvious to others
- Brings the right people together to address issues
- Timely updates to statistical metrics
- Respond to constructive feedback
- Present oneself in a profession and mature manner
- Ad hoc projects on request independent of day-to-day management
- Working knowledge of supply chain process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs
- Project Management skills
- Quality Assurance background of exposure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working with International markets
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.