Associate Project Manager (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 763791BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 28, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Walt Disney Studios Library and Technical Services organization is looking for an Associate Project Manager to oversee National Geographic library content management, account management, and process improvement. This is a 18 month project hire role.
Responsibilities:Nat Geo order and project management:
• Navigating the complexities associated with the workflow (content provided by various region hubs, to Burbank), while receiving queries, orders, and urgent status requests from the client, in order to positively influence on-time and right first-time delivery.
• Working to support Nat Geo process integration into other Supply Chain activities (standardization).
• Being the Associate Project Manager for Nat Geo servicing. This includes providing exceptional customer service, taking orders and translating them into executable jobs, vendor management, planning and managing a delivery schedule and using client systems per client requests.
• Tracks asset creation and availability/readiness of core materials to support distribution requirements for each digital execution event (pre-orders, launches, asset refreshes, marketing/sustainment campaigns, etc.)
• Partners with the Global Content Operations team to specifically address requirements associated with digital product configurations and digital distribution platform profiles (capabilities, limitations and development roadmaps); provides project support on specific initiatives, which may be title franchise, market and/or platform specific. Additional collaboration with other internal members of Library and Technical Services as it relates to Nat Geo brand
• Support team with managing multiple priorities at once, and ensure vendors and systems are properly propagated with the correct product configuration, information and availability dates
• Monitor dating milestones in order to ensure expectations are met
• Able to use multiple tools and systems to manage digital metadata
• Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage and track invoices, billing and budget
• Manage vendors SLA
• Own key processes and metrics and continuously look for process improvement opportunities both form a workflow and systems stand point.
• Support process improvements for availing, collecting, formatting and delivering content assets in the digital space.
• Document standard operating procedures and recommend process improvement ideas.
• Ability to consolidate and understand data sets in excel
• Ability to help facilitate root cause analysis and gather data points to improve process
Basic Qualifications:2-4 years’ experience in a professional capacity in related areas of expertise (e.g., post production or studio facility technical operations with knowledge of digital media tools.
Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables and quality metrics
Up-to-date technical knowledge in A/V, digital media tools and technologies
Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements in a pro-active.
Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred experience with Disney and/or Fox systems
Preferred EducationUndergraduate degree in TV/Film, Business and/or equivalent work-related experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.