Associate Project Manager – Technical Operations (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764882BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 25, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking an Associate Project Manager, Technical Operations, who will support the functions of vendor quality management, technical onboarding, and third-party technical assessments for Studio Operations - Library & Technical Services.
The position will develop project plans, tracking and reporting for quality management programs related to vendor on-boarding, process improvement initiatives, and technical audits for the Studio Operations Partner Assessment Program. The Technical Operations team provides support for in-home digital distribution, localization and servicing teams to advance the performance and improvement goals of the studio. This role will work with key production vendors and internal teams to ensure adherence to Six Sigma and ISO9001 quality management principles. This is an 18 month project hire.
- Develop key relationships with 3rd party vendors, for the purpose of technical audits, process improvement projects, performance metrics and corrective actions.
- Schedule and perform technical audits with vendors, documenting finding and generating reports for the Studio Operations Partner Assessment Program.
- Manage vendor on-boarding and integration projects, track vendor progress for generating test packages, and validate deliverables against requirements and specifications.
- Support the collection of performance metrics for the vendor scorecard process.
- Support technical operations initiatives with project management, prepare project plans and communicate project status to manager.
- Provide user feedback and technical requirements to technology development teams for internal tools and systems.
- Work with large datasets in Excel, Salesforce or other reporting tools to monitor delivery status, rejections and open issues as related to supporting vendors and servicing teams
- Create documentation for technical specifications, standard operation procedures, and onboarding test plans, as well as attend meetings and support detailed reporting for strategic partner technical assessments.
- Work with partners in LTS and Studio Technology on asset metadata compliance and normalization across multiple systems.
- Additional technical or data administration projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in a project management or technical operations role required.
- Digital media distribution, asset management, or post-production experience preferred, but other quality management experience in manufacturing or service industries may apply.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of video, audio, timed text formats and workflows.
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies and ISO 9001 principles.
- Experience with order management systems and reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or the equivalent in a working environment (Engineering, Media Production, IT, Computer Science).
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.