Attorney – Physical AntipiracyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709471BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
The Disney Corporate Legal Department, Physical Antipiracy group is seeking highly qualified candidates for an attorney position, managing trademark and copyright enforcement programs in various countries throughout the world.
- Management of physical antipiracy programs including criminal, administrative, and civil legal procedures to address counterfeiting online and on the ground as well as other misuses of IP; supervision and management of outside counsel and investigators in multiple countries; and ensuring an integrated approach to worldwide IP and enforcement issues while serving local needs and accommodating local conditions in close cooperation with colleagues in countries all over the World.
- Consultation regarding law developments in multiple countries as well as practical conditions for enforcement for or in connection with Trade Association and/or Government Affairs activities and other purposes, working closely with colleagues in other countries.
- Client counseling regarding copyright and trademark law and enforcement strategies. Continual support of clients by advising and updating numerous stakeholders on actions taken, both on a case-by-case and program-wide basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of complex IP and/or litigation experience with a top-tier Law Firm and/or in-house preferably at a major multi-national Company
- Admission to practice law in a US state, or at least one equivalent jurisdiction and willingness and qualification to be registered as may be necessary to practice as In-House Counsel
- Subject matter expert in copyright and trademark law and litigation. Experience with IP enforcement internationally is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk; exercise sound legal judgment; and help business executives and other attorneys understand and develop trust in the Company’s unique approach to IP enforcement
- Must be highly engaged and possess the ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines. A sense of enjoyment in being part of a team that is committed to delivering outstanding results for its clients and The Walt Disney Company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts and practical issues effectively with all levels of management, as well as a knack for smooth client relationships and diplomatic, creative resolution of conflicting needs
- 8+ years of complex IP and/or litigation experience with a top-tier Law Firm and/or in-house preferably at a major multi-national Company
- Law degree from an accredited, top tier law school or International equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.