Business Affairs CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10020372 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Sep. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Searchlight Television Business Affairs Department in connection with the development and production of episodic content.
- Manage department administrative functions (e.g. scheduling) and ensure documents and agreements are managed and kept well organized (e.g. Establish and maintain filing systems and databases.)
- Assist VP and SVP with calendar, calls, filing and light drafting.
- Draft above-the-line summaries (e.g. writers, producers, directors, actors, and option/rights agreements), as well as certificates of authorship and engagement.
- Conduct rights research on potential projects.
- Assist in the management of development projects including but not limited to option tracking and credits.
- Work with IT and other legal groups to maintain dependable organization and processes.
- Various special projects as required.
- Strong systems knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to read, draft, interpret television agreements
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with staff
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency at multi-tasking under pressure, managing and prioritizing a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and accurately
- Experience in Entertainment Industry
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Candidates with JD, some admin experience preferred
- Candidates without JD, 4 years of admin experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Fox Cable Networks, LLC, which is part of a business we call Searchlight Pictures.
Fox Cable Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.