Business AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 763268BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 20, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio)
- Provide analytical support for strategic initiatives across the Library and Technical Services organization, covering process improvement projects, including cost and return on investment implications, the proactive management of resources, and onboarding new post production technologies and formats.
- Varying analytical support roles for process improvement initiatives, including workflow mapping, identification of challenges, trends, and pain points, and development of user stories and system requirements documents.
- Develop presentations concerning process mapping and process improvement opportunities, as well as where applicable financial models to document findings and provide support for findings.
- Analyze resource needs for new projects against ongoing resources for current initiatives. Recommend strategy based on cost benefits.
- Track and reconcile savings for project portfolio and prepare reporting for TWDC and Studio Management.
- Strong technical background as well as the confidence, presence, knowledge and experience to support project leads.
- Workflow & Operations Analysis
- Excellent written communication skills
- Financial analysis
- Understanding or post production assets and localization methods.
- System development process (agile method)
- Bachelors Degree; Field of Study: IT Project Management, Communications
- Bachelors Degree; Field of Study: Industrial or Systems Engineering, Business / Operations Management, Finance
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.