Already applied?View Dashboard
Business Intelligence AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689785BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 23, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios seeks a Business Intelligence Data Analyst to join the Studio Consumer Insights & Analytics team. This team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key business decisions across the Studio organization and the company.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with 2015 annual revenues of $52 billion. Its five business segments include Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Disney Interactive. The Studio Entertainment segment produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays.
- Collaborate with clients to understand business intelligence, reporting, and analytics needs, translating strategic business questions into resource/data requirements
- Leverage social listening tools to track, trend, and understand consumer behaviors, expressed preferences, and responses to Studio media and marketing efforts; be the voice of the consumer
- Leverage web analytical tools to understand onsite behavior, e.g. click through rates, golden pathways, conversion analysis, marketing effectiveness
- Identify the metrics that matter to business outcomes by collaborating with advanced analytics teams to develop KPIs supported by a robust analytic framework
- Develop prototype solutions, including reports and dashboards, to support insights with visualization of complex data sets
- Effectively communicate findings to clients, equipping them with timely, relevant, and actionable insight to support short-term tactical and long-term strategic decision-making
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst with experience in research, social media, digital marketing, and website tracking
- Proficiency with SQL, and the ability to extract and combine disparate data sources
- Proficiency with business intelligence and data visualization software, e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy, Domo, etc.
- Proficiency with social and digital media analytics provided by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Google and social analytics tools, e.g. NetBase
- Familiarity with Python, R, or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with website analytics tools, e.g. Omniture and Google Analytics
- Exceptional analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Ability to extract data and combine with other data sources to develop a rich, complete picture for the business
- Outstanding communication and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to make clear and concise presentations
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.