Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Business Planning & Analytics MBA Intern, Studios - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732073BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
Work with a team that supports our feature films studio wide…
· Handling North American theatrical distribution for The Walt Disney Company
· Planning, releasing, reporting and post-analysis for all theatrical releases
· Optimizing theatrical business decisions utilizing objective data driven analytics
- Conducting competitive and post release analysis of theatrical releases for all Disney brands (live action, Marvel, Pixar) and Industry to assess box office trends and results
- Using data analytics to build out financial models, and drive release dating strategies
- Sharing information across the theatrical distribution team, and acting as a representative for the department in interactions with other departments across the company
- Expertise with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), especially in Excel (modeling, formulas, etc.)
- Previous professional experience in quantitative roles (those with financial/analytics experience related to media/entertainment preferred)
- Awareness of growing international markets, and familiarity with global economies
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
· Passion for filmed entertainment.
· Experience in investment banking
· International experience/exposure
· Previous competitive and market research experience
· First year MBA student with a focus on Finance, Analytics or Strategy
· Undergraduate focus in economics, statistics, finance or similar
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Available full time (40 hours per week) for 10-12 weeks from June through August/September
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
· Enrolled in an MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.