Business Solutions Manager (2 year Project Hire position)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 745998BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Job Summary:***This position is in support of a Project that is slated to run for 2 years***
The Customer Relationship Management team is responsible for creating and cultivating direct-to-consumer relationships with The Walt Disney Company’s most strategic customer segment. It does so by managing the Disney’s Co-branded Visa rewards credit card business which is both an operating unit as well as a cross-business unit loyalty program.
This position sits within the Business Solutions team and is responsible for supporting initiatives that require extensive technical integration with other Disney business units and our bank issuer. This role requires strong problem solving skills and a drive for constant process improvement. This position will focus primarily on data/reporting and rewards redemption projects.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Get up to speed quickly with regard to operational and technical processes
- Solve problems with an appropriate level of urgency
- Develop strong relationships with technical, digital, compliance, and operations teams
- Manage work in a disciplined and organized manner
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Responsibilities:Lead technical work in support of marketing/payment/technology initiatives:
- Develop and document detailed project timelines, identifying key points of intersection for different stakeholder groups
- Compile an assessment of project impacts, level of effort, costs, resource requirements
- Develop and ensure alignment on detailed business requirements and use cases
- Ensure functional design supports business objectives and applicable guidelines
- Solicit expert input and evaluate technical design options
- Oversee development of all test, launch, hypercare and sustainment plans, including definition of change management protocols
- Hypercare, sustainment planning
Lead operational process design and optimization:
- Develop and document user friendly processes that meet business needs
- Develop tools/methodology to organize and drive work forward
- Identify and ensure compliance with applicable guidelines or standards, e.g. regulatory, data security, legal, brand
Support development of Business Operations annual plan by providing input regarding your key areas of responsibility:
- Use data/sound analysis to identify issues/challenges that need to be addressed
- Develop detailed action plans to address specific issues/needs
- Develop an approach to measure performance, track progress
- Manage work in well organized and systematic manner
- Identify and coordinate with key technology stakeholders needed to complete tasks
- Equip them with appropriate context and details regarding objectives
- Develop step-by-step approach to tackling work, with assigned dates and stakeholders
- 5-8 years operational or systems support experience in an environment that has significant technical infrastructure, including:
- Acting as liaison between business and technical teams
- Driving results in a matrixed, cross-functional environment
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including appropriate judgment regarding
- How to set appropriate context regarding objectives to create alignment
- When and how to keep peers, partners and supervisor abreast of activities
- Able to multi-task in a busy business environment
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities Highly accountable and self-motivated
- Passion for ensuring a positive and seamless Guest experience
- Constant drive for improvement
- Experience with
- Interpreting data/process flows, architectural diagrams
- Waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Experience with:
- Management of software integrations
- Digital technology, including familiarity with native/hybrid app architecture and design principles, mobile application delivery and device management
- Payments/transaction processes
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Credit Card Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.