Cable Networks Research ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10007032 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is looking for a qualified individual responsible for content performance and audience analysis across the FX, Freeform, and National Geographic cable networks. This person will report to the Senior Manager of Research, and provide timely, actionable insights to help drive business decisions for key stakeholders.
- Analyze and create insights on the performance of the FX, Freeform and National Geographic cable networks on linear and streaming. Identify success drivers and deliver findings in weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Generate insights on the multiplatform viewership of DMED cable originals capturing a full picture view of performance within their ecosystem and larger landscape.
- Analyze and identify trends within the competitive cable landscape to understand drivers of network and original series success. Communicate insights to key stakeholders including marketing, program planning, and strategy.
- Produce custom analyses around the effectiveness of key content types such as movies, acquired series, special events and what genres are resonating with viewers.
- Determine effectiveness of content strategies such as scheduling and stunting and make recommendations on opportunities to optimize content across networks and platforms.
- Analyze and understand the rapidly changing broader media landscape to inform how viewers watch video across all platforms including SVOD
- Collaborate on forecasting for ad-sales, acquisitions, and original series greenlights
- Partner with the larger research team on monthly and quarterly presentations to key business units
- Manage a research analyst. This includes assigning and reviewing recurring tasks and ad-hoc requests, helping the analyst learn Nielsen’s software tools, and providing constant feedback to help them further develop job-related skills and competencies to advance their career.
- 4 years or more experience in media research with an advanced knowledge of Nielsen-related software such as NNTV, NPower and/or Star Trak.
- Solid understanding of Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with other tools such as Adobe Analytics, Looker and Tableau a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn internal software tools for purposes of SVOD reporting and analysis.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television
- Experience and understanding of content and familiarity with media and television businesses, including digital platforms.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and data sets graphically and accessibly to a variety of business partners and stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- A strong team player, able to collaborate easily across teams
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter, pro-active in approach, detail orientated; looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.