Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing- Professional ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 978737BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Marketing Sourcing Team collaborates with Media & Marketing professionals across the Walt Disney Company, to maximize the value of our marketing investments, by creatively crafting deals that deliver value across the enterprise, and improving the way we do business with our partners. The Marketing Category includes, Advertising, Digital, Social Media, CRM, Market Research, Marketing Technology, and other marketing services.
The Category manager will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Manager of Professional Services for Enterprise Sourcing, in developing long term strategic category plans for a range of sub-categories, which align with major stakeholders’ goals and objectives.
It is the responsibility of the category manager to ensure the relevant regional and local businesses finance and sourcing stakeholders are considered and provide Line of Business (LOB) / Segment input into the strategy. It is essential that the category manager builds and maintains an extensive stakeholder internal network, as well as a solid external supplier network. Both internal and external relationships are critical for the development and execution of informed, innovative, best in class category plans, aligned with the company’s long term goals.
The individual is responsible for delivering the long term values and the shorter term P&L impact objectives set forth in Professional Services’ category plans and category Annual Operating Plan (AOP), in collaboration with the Sourcing specialists. They will provide guidance to the Professional Services Sourcing team working on category related projects, provide a global view of the category AOP, facilitate relationships with segment finance for project sign offs, validation, and support.
- Develops long term Category Strategy and plans for cross-segment/cross-line of business spend by
- Identifying key stakeholders
- Profiling category (spend, suppliers, contracts…)
- Analyzing market trends and supplier landscape
- Evaluating current situation and compare to best practices
- Defining gaps and areas for improvement
- Supports the Sr. Manager while working with Segments to establish the cross-LOB cost efficiencies/strategic plan and development of the Enterprise Sourcing AOPs
- Is accountable for the delivery of savings established as part of the Professional Services plan
- Develops the proposed plan and governance for implementation of the cross-LOB/cross-segment projects
- When developing the plan, pro-actively involves segment Sourcing leads to ensure requirements are respected and local experience and knowledge is leveraged while ensuring the Category Strategy is applied locally
- Nurtures and develops relationships with key internal senior stakeholders, and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leads key Sourcing initiatives (RFP’s/Pitches) for the Professional Services category and provides guidance to any category related project executed by segment/enterprise sourcing teams
- Leverages global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Provides rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Sourcing, focusing on the total value contribution
- Creates a mutual sharing and learning environment between regions and Category Sourcing teams
- Facilitates SRM opportunities with key suppliers in partnership with Senior Executive Sponsors
- Evaluates total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Prepares and executes clear and structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Ensures consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Identifies, develops and deploys best practice supplier management, procurement and supply chain practices
- Institutionalizes procurement performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Ensures compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Builds/establishes strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Supports sourcing staff and drives internal skill/capability development to broaden and build their skill sets and capabilities
- 7+ years’ experience in a Strategic Sourcing Environment
- Professional Services Category Sourcing knowledge and experience supporting sub-categories such as contingent workforce, business consulting, and other professional services.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of how to develop and execute Category Plans for Professional Services.
- Understands how to drive incremental value from Professional Services that goes beyond pure cost.
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation thru final presentation
- Demonstrates the ability to work strategically and develop strong business cases for change
- Excellent communicator able to demonstrate very effective communication with senior management
- Demonstrates the ability to bring diverse stakeholders together and facilitate to achieve a common goal and objective
- Strong influencing skills
- High-energy and self-motivated with a desire to excel in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Deliverable-focused with strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrates exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Experience working in working in the field of Professional Services.
- Experience working in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of Professional Services categories in International markets
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field
- Masters Degree/MBA
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.