Character ModelerApply NowApply Later Job ID 862396BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
Walt Disney Animation Studios has an exciting opportunity for Character Modelers to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters and prop models. You’ll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
* Character modelers work with polygonal topologies to create highly-stylized and appealing characters with their associated props.
* Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs.
* Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Art Directors, and Directors
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in Maya and Zbrush
* Experience creating complex character models
* Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
* Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
* Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
* Knowledge of facial blend shape targets
* Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from Model Supervisor and Art Director
* Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
* Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
* Experience with traditional sculpting
* Experience with character rigging
* Experience with texture/shading
* Experience with Marvelous Designer
* Scripting (Python) background
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.