Clearance Administrator, Music Business AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 800521BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
- Review all newly created and catalog marketing materials for Walt Disney Studios to verify all music used has been properly identified/cleared and provide approvals for use.
- Provide necessary information to the Music Clearance team to handle any required clearances.
- Work directly with and advise the Marketing team regarding any required music clearances and their potential cost.
- Maintain a database of all music used in marketing materials.
- Process payments for any required licenses.
- Research music rights and provide source music as required.
- Negotiate license fees with music libraries, draft and review licenses as needed.
- Act as liaison between the Marketing, Music Clearance and Music Business/Legal teams.
- Communicate/coordinate with outside licensors for the rights requested to ensure timely licensing.
- Minimum 3+ years of significant relevant music industry experience. Experience with a major studio, music publisher or record company reviewing, music licenses, cue sheets and other music documents for all manner of exploitation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, take initiative and maintain attention to detail while maintaining professionalism under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and follow through on numerous projects.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Capable of managing changing priorities and deadline pressure during heavy work periods that may require late hours.
- Fast learner and a strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other office-related software.
- BA or BS degree
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.