Already applied?View Dashboard
Clearance CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711263BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
The Studio Clearances team handles many aspects of legal clearances, including those related to production, marketing and distribution of films and other content released theatrically and via Disney+. Specialists read and analyze scripts and research reports to identify potential clearance issues and ensure appropriate clearance of names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, costumes, photographs, film/TV clips, mock-up designs, and building/architectural designs. They negotiate agreements with outside parties controlling rights to artwork, photography, footage, and other proprietary material used in studio content.
The team advises content production staff (e.g., producers, writers, art departments, set decorators, prop masters, costumers, editors, visual effects, animators) of clearance procedures. In connection therewith, they also review dailies, rough and final cuts of films, websites, bonus content, behind the scenes/EPK materials, interviews, bloopers, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots and other marketing materials, commercial tie-ins, print ads, DVD menus and packaging materials.
The Clearance Coordinator will be a vital part of the production clearance team, providing day-to-day support to Director/Clearance Production and specialists, managing workflows and processes in connection with the production clearance needs of live action motion pictures, with an emphasis on use of computer applications for tracking and document management.
- Communicate and coordinate with production offices in connection with meetings/calls, script distribution, clearance requests, payments, department forms and protocol.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal studio departments (e.g. legal, production, post production, marketing, consumer products) in connection with meetings/calls, screenings, exchange of documents and other information.
- Maintain and manage clearance status reports, department contacts directory, digital document signing, and digital document filing.
- Facilitate and track required payments for research services, licensing, and/or other fees.
- Facilitate and track font seat licensing assignments for each production.
- Develop expertise with current and future computer applications utilized in the department.
- Search and retrieve archival department information as needed.
- Assist in viewing dailies.
- Under supervision, transmit, follow-up, and track standard clearance requests to outside parties.
- Perform internet/phone research in connection with fictional/non-fictional elements for films and/or obtaining rights information.
- Required experience: 2 years entertainment experience, preferably in television/motion picture production and/or production legal
- Technologically adept
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Forward-thinking, ability to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and implement/ adapt to the change
- Proven capability to take initiative and seek increased responsibilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and fluctuating environment
- Proficient in autonomously prioritizing work and managing deadlines
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
- BA/BS degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.