Communications Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726185BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
This role requires a wide range of competencies, including proven project management experience, communications skills, effective diplomacy, and organizational savvy.
- Help establish and articulate project objectives, including detail understanding of milestones, deliverables, and success criteria to appropriate teams per project. Work with VP to communicate criteria of success and measured results to all key stakeholders and partners. Track all projects on behalf of VP, HR Communications Strategy to ensure timely delivery
- Devise, implement and adjust measurement strategies and reporting for all communications efforts. Partner with People Insights team as needed.
- Establish tools, templates, systems to create consistency of look and feel and ease of use of materials on behalf of HR Communications team
- Advise on content channel strategy (operationally – tracking system for usage, measuring impact)
- Lead project teams when appropriate and needed, leveraging project management methodologies to drive work and adapt as needed
- Oversee all budgets for HR communications; serve as interface with finance partners for AOP planning, budget reconciliation.
- Work with HR Communications staff to advise on project-specific project management and reporting (e.g.: Disney Aspire, D&I initiatives and projects)
- Continue to explore new and innovative tools for use across the business to identify and establish efficiencies across the communications function.
- Work with VP on agendas/prep for various meetings (e.g.: team meetings, internal communications council meetings, others) – help determine agendas, report outs, deliverables to keep all parties informed and accountable
- Escalate projects risks and constraints to senior management team in a timely manner when needed
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects; evaluate processes and make recommendations for evolution and improvement
- Manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate with stakeholders. Take point on identifying blocking issues and work through resolution while fluidly adapting priorities to ensure the team retains focus on the highest value work.
- Develop best-in-class processes and products while driving continual improvement.
- Communicate status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication with key stakeholders and executive leadership.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in management consulting and/or managing large scale projects
- Strong in building relationships, managing stakeholder expectations, and communicating at all levels
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Ability to partner across a highly matrixed organization and with partner organizations
- Ability to adapt quickly, seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex work streams and projects, calling on/pulling together different areas of expertise
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; create fast-paced environments and hold all necessary parties accountable
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- Creative problem-solver/solution-seeker
- Flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver integrated solutions
- Solid facilitation and problem solving skills, and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or equivalent experience
- Agile project management experience
- Management consulting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.