Already applied?View Dashboard
Communications SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687249BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 05, 2019
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music, and live entertainment.
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music, or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
As part of the Walt Disney Studios’ communications team, the Communications Specialist plays a critical role in managing internal initiatives and events, drafting and disseminating internal and external Studio communications, and supporting all members of the team across multiple concurrent projects. This person will also help oversee the Studio’s philanthropic efforts, which include coordinating volunteer events, managing charitable donations, and working with external nonprofit partners.
With a wide breadth of responsibilities, we’re looking for an adaptable and capable multitasker to join our small team. Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and act quickly and decisively are essential.
- Develop and coordinate internal events for Studio employees including executive speaking sessions and film screenings.
- Integrate, support, and implement company initiatives in conjunction with other business units.
- Create/design, write, and distribute internal and external communications messages (newsletter, online portal, e-mail).
- Work with Studio communications team to develop strategies and materials for external events and media, including drafting press releases, messaging, and presentations.
- Manage and respond to consumer and media inquiries.
- Help oversee philanthropic efforts of the Studio by processing donations, interfacing with nonprofit partners, and creating tributes and ads for honorees.
- Administrative support, as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – a proficient writer and editor.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with partners at all levels, internally and externally, including executives, media, talent, and consumers.
- A strong interest in and working knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Event planning experience.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and flexible environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac iOS, including Keynote and PowerPoint; Adobe Suite including Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience at a media company, PR firm, or industry-related business.
- Understanding and knowledge of The Walt Disney Studios, its culture, and the filmmaking process.
- Graphic design, web design, and/or web publishing experience is preferred. Basic knowledge of HTML coding and experience with WordPress online publishing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, English, or related discipline.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.