Compensation Analyst (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768423BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 03, 2020
As part of the Direct to Consumer and International (DTCI) Compensation team, the Compensation Analyst – Project Hire assists in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company’s business strategy. The Compensation Analyst also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across multiple business segments.
- Provide analytical support in the development of compensation proposals for newly promoted and/or newly hired employees.
- Review requests to determine appropriate job level, salary grade, and FLSA classification for open positions and/or new positions.
- Assist in the set-up, delivery and support of the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients.
- Participate in industry market surveys
- Maintain data integrity - Audit job codes, salary grades, FLSA status, and variable pay eligibility for accurate data reporting and analysis.
- Complete special projects as needed
- 3+ years of relevant Compensation experience in a diverse business environment
- Consulting experience a plus
- Strong understanding of compensation practices and trends, with emphasis on technology roles
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the day to day compensation needs of a large, varied client group
- Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
- Advanced Excel knowledge; SAP, Success Factors, Workday, Cognos and Access experience a plus
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
- Bachelor’s degree - Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, or Business degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.