Compensation Manager (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10061918 Location Burbank, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 22, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compensation Manager (Project Hire) with the Disney Entertainment Television Compensation team. This role will have the opportunity to be part of a team that manages both broad-based and executive compensation for a dynamic business focused on creating compelling, cutting-edge television content.
The Compensation Manager incumbent will partner closely with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Partners and Compensation Partners across the Enterprise to provide guidance to assigned internal clients and collaborate with HR partners in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support the company’s business strategy. The role will require strong client management skills and collaboration with multiple HR teams.
- Partner with Compensation leadership and HR Business Partners as the Compensation Partner for multiple client groups and independently manage client relationships
- Consult directly with HR Business Partners and clients as a subject matter expert to ensure compensation recommendations are aligned and relevant to both the market and internal equity
- Provide guidance and pay recommendations for employees at all levels including senior executive level compensation packages
- Work closely with project team and act as the primary lead during the annual planning cycle for assigned client groups including auditing and reporting for rollup meeting with senior leaders
- Lead multiple projects such as annual compensation planning, salary structure management and pay transparency
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Success in servicing a client base will require excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact and negotiate with all levels of management
- Proven ability to work directly with senior leadership levels
- Knowledge and experience in understanding total rewards philosophies and systems
- Exceptional organizational skills should be complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- 5+ years progressive experience in Compensation, HR, Finance, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or similar discipline
- Strong analytical skills with a commitment to accuracy & details
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities, often on tight timelines
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results)
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Experience with HR systems (Workday)
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $129,000 - $165,000 per year and in New York, NY is $135,000 - $172,900. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.