Compensation ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 788144BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 04, 2021
- Independently manages client relationships directly; evaluates roles and development of job families in support of business needs
- Leads client compensation projects, and/or compensation cross-team projects; conducts and participates in internal and external market studies to help ensure that Compensation decisions are supported by data
- Analyzes requests for salary and job level changes for respective clients and makes recommendations for approvals
- Shapes or guides the development of and testing of new and updated compensation processes, systems and tools
- Leads large-scale cross-segment analyses (e.g. harmonization, global leveling, global grading)
- Creates and submits executive packages in partnership with leader
- Project manages a variety of initiatives, ranging from internal process improvements to client driven programs which may include: conducting analysis of both union and non-union jobs; provides recommendations to senior leaders within the organization around regulatory matters
- May serve as the primary lead for the Annual Compensation Planning Process (ACP), or specific portions of the process, which includes establishing an overall project plan for assigned client groups for the annual merit plan and the eventual upgrades in the planning tool to include LTI and bonus planning
- Provides technical guidance to team members and colleagues
- Serves as a mentor for less experienced team members
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum five to seven years of experience in Compensation or a business-related area
- Candidates must also be proficient in PC-based spreadsheets and databases with strong aptitude in Excel and Access
- Success in servicing a client base will require excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact and negotiate with all levels of management
- Requires an individual who is a quick study and able to work in an evolving environment by gaining knowledge of the business through interaction with clients and first-hand knowledge of their specific industries
- Candidate competencies should include project management, time-management and teamwork
- Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented, and responsive
- Must be able to work independently while contributing to the team
- Ability to manage others
- Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and must possess problem-solving skills and a strong business acumen;
- Exceptional organizational skills should be complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Familiarity with SAP, WORKDAY or other HRIS systems
- Experience with CompAnalyst or other Market Pricing Software
- CCP Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance or a Business-related field, or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.