Compensation ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 829747BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
As part of the Enterprise Compensation team, the Compensation Manager provides guidance to assigned internal clients and collaborates with HR partners in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support the company’s business strategy. The Compensation Manager also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
- Conduct compensation benchmark assessments; actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
- Evaluate, level, and determine the market value for new and existing jobs
- Collaborate with HR business partners and assigned clients in the creation of consistent job families
- Develop compensation proposals for newly promoted and newly hired employees (both executive and non-executive)
- Administer the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients
- Assist in creating, applying, and maintaining salary structures and hiring ranges
- Participate in industry market surveys
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
- Knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Effective consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g. finance, legal, operations)
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Business-oriented mindset
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with SAP, Workday, etc. and/or compensation planning systems preferred
- 3+ years of experience, preferably with a large corporate employer or leading consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.