Consumer Insights Analyst, Disney + & In-homeApply NowApply Later Job ID 897662BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
We’re looking for a talented team-player specialist with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives upon the incomparable legacy of our company yet embraces unconventional thinking, and who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
The Research, Insights & Analytics team is currently seeking a Research Analyst, Consumer Insights to support Disney+ Marketing & Content Curation and In-Home Marketing & Distribution groups. Reporting to the Manager, you will work closely with the Disney+ & In-Home teams, analyzing and synthesizing data, as well as providing support for quantitative and qualitative research initiatives for key stakeholders. The primary areas of responsibility for this role focus on the Disney+ brand, The Disney Bundle, SVOD & In-Home category insights, and the Disney Movie Insiders loyalty program.
- Overall, assist with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research activities including collection and preparation of data as well as extraction and analysis of data from multiple sources to create summaries, tables, and report sections
- Specifically, organize and analyze primary and third-party datasets using various data processing tools, including Q, SPSS, Marketsight, among others
- Maintain both up-to-date verbal & written knowledge of data elements and requirements
- Analyze and prepare on-going and ad hoc reports using qualitative and quantitative data for various groups within the Disney+ Marketing & Content Curation and In-Home Marketing & Distribution Teams
- Manage assigned projects, implement quality assurance processes, and report tasks and status to supervisor(s) to ensure completion within established timeframe
- Working with the Manager, ensure that every deliverable is strategically actionable and drives key decision making
- Assist on consumer research projects to guide marketing efforts and strategy related to the Disney+ brand, The Disney Bundle and the In-Home business
- Specifically, work on positioning studies, creative testing (e.g., commercials/trailers), segmentation projects, and attitude & usage studies
- Work on monthly SVOD brand tracking studies across various countries and a longitudinal tracking study monitoring consumers’ entertainment behavior
- Respond to time sensitive data requests from internal clients
- Support presentation of findings based on research conducted and contribute to related business discussions
- Be at the forefront of SVOD & In-Home industry trends amidst a rapidly changing landscape
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of The Walt Disney Company as well as external vendors
- Stay abreast of current trends and new techniques in the field of market research
- 1 or more years relevant experience
- Knowledge of statistical computing software and database management software
- Experience working with survey applications and/or data processing tools (e.g. MaruHUB, Qualtrics, Marketsight, Q, SPSS, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel- capable of quickly producing summary tables, pivot tables, vlookup/index fields, and visualization(s) with various types of data
- Experience with questionnaire design, tabulation planning and data processing
- Strong quantitative reasoning and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues in an organized way
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation
- Strong social, collaboration, and communication skills
- Knowledge of data visualization software a plus
- Working knowledge of multi-use programming language(s), such as SAS, STATA and/or R a plus
- Quantitative research background, either supplier-side, client-side, or some combination thereof a plus
- Advanced degree in Market Research or Statistics a plus
- Entertainment market research experience a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Organizational savvy, with the ability to “read a room”
- Compelling storyteller
- Willing to challenge traditional thinking
- Strong builder of relationships and trust
- Passionate consumer of content – movies, TV, SVOD
- Familiarity with the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Data Sciences, Statistics or related field, OR equivalent work experience
Additional Information:The Walt Disney Studios is an equal opportunity employer.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.