Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Consumer Insights Internship, Disney Channels Worldwide- Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 520879BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 01/29/2018
The Brand and Consumer Research Team of the Disney Channel Worldwide Consumer Insights department oversees brand, content, digital and strategy research projects for Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, and Radio Disney. Working in close collaboration with the ratings and analytics team, the brand and consumer research team conducts qualitative and quantitative research with core consumers to inform and impact departments across the division, including Development, Programming, Marketing, Franchise, Digital and Strategy teams.
ResponsibilitiesA day in the life…
You will support research projects across Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Radio Disney. Also assist department in fieldwork and execution of both qualitative and quantitative studies.
• Help coordinate projects, act as a liaison with vendors, assist in data analyses, and proof reading and writing
surveys, discussion guides and reports
• Compile key insights from primary and syndicated studies to fulfill client requests
• Utilize and mine various syndicated research studies for marketing and strategic purposes, as well as provide
regular updates on topics to aid branding and marketing decisions
• Gather data and perform analytics on time-sensitive projects
• Create and edit presentations in a creative and executive friendly manner
• Keep team informed on relevant landscape information - review/write summaries of syndicated reports, produce
regular reports/memos on industry trends
• Provide support for pilot test focus groups and other qualitative research (prepares stimulus, reviews pilots,
• Create and maintain department reference documents and files
• Assist in organizing/maintaining department research library
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
• Skilled with Microsoft office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail, reliable, flexible
• Interest in Consumer Insights / Market Research
As well as…
•All students must have unrestricted work authorization
•All students must be at least 18 years old
•You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
•All candidates must be available from May to August
•All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
•All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
Preferred Qualifications•Strong critical thinking skills
•Strong project management skills
•Comfortable with data
•Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recent graduate
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationThis position is with: American Broadcast Companies, Inc
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability