Content Cyber Security Manager -International Site Security
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763101BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 18, 2020
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios Information Security team is responsible for strategies and solution deployment to secure media assets as they move through the supply chain, supporting the content lifecycle from script to screen across film, television, and streaming production logos. Everything we do is for the survival and protection of Studios content and critical systems/assets You tasked with comprehensively addressing content security risks, identifying blind spots in our workflows while continuously striving for innovation, scalability, efficiency, and measurable solutions to protect new intellectual property that is at the core of the Company’s success.
In our ongoing efforts to remain secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats on a global scale. We’re looking to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions, are continuous learners, and passionate about information security. Our teams are geographically dispersed across our major hubs in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando while also managing international site security.
General Responsibilities will include:
- Execution and management of day-to-day activities of the risk management function internationally within the India region
- Oversight of (1) Onsite Security (2) Third-party Security (3) Business Operations related to Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Provide technical solutions to internal and external business units with an emphasis on secure network architecture and hardening best practices
- Execution of Security Risk assessments on internal business units and strategic third-party entities
- Development and management of security controls and associated risks
- Supporting the development of executive-level presentations
- Lead security evaluations with an emphasis on physical security, digital security, and related processes
- Support and/or manage all aspects of the evaluation lifecycle, including planning, fieldwork, reporting and archiving, including interaction with third-party service providers
- Evaluate and test business processes and controls to identify areas of risk
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and opportunities for improvement
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports to assess, document, and communicate results of evaluations
- Liaise with vendors to report, monitor, and remediate risks
- Work with internal assurance teams and business unit stakeholders to plan vendor evaluation strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues
- Act as Information Security subject matter expert to third-party and in-house personnel
- Willingness to travel up to 40% travel to various regions in India, contingent upon COVID safety guidelines
Responsibilities:The Manager, Content & Information Security reports into the Director, Content & Information Security at The Walt Disney Studios based in Burbank and is responsible for execution and management of day-to-day activities of the risk management function internationally within the India region.
- 7+ years managing risk management functions for large-multinational corporations
- Prior experience in the entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to work in a highly distributed matrixed environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
- Prior audit experience is a plus
- CISSP, CISA/CISM, or CEH designation required
- Broad technical skills in conducting network and assessments and ISO 17799/27002 based security assessments
- Broad technology expertise with application, system integration, data, and/or infrastructure knowledge
- Strong understanding of the following:
- LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and security protocols
- Network architecture and layer 2 and Layer 3 routing principles
- Working knowledge of configuring and maintaining IPS/IDS, firewalls and ACLs (e.g., Palo Alto, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
- Wireless authentication standards (802.1x)
- Vulnerability scanning, SIEM and common methods of exploiting vulnerabilities
- Endpoint protection and Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Storage solutions (e.g., SAN, NAS, encrypted storage mechanisms)
- Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant, 5th Kind)
- Secure configuration of Linux, Windows, and Mac based servers and endpoints
- Computer investigation processes and techniques
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of studio IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
- Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, editing, visual/audio effects, encoding, dubbing, VFX)
- Experience evaluating physical and digital security protocols at facilities
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.