Already applied?View Dashboard
Content ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 545582BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 04/06/2018
Job Summary:The ABC Entertainment Marketing Strategy team is looking for a creative, forward-thinking individual to join its Digital Content group in the role of Content Producer. This creative/editorial-meets-digital position requires a zeal for furthering ABC’s properties on digital platforms, as well as synergy strategies across all of ABC’s marketing initiatives. While the primary responsibility is digital content coverage in support of ABC series on owned platforms, it also encompasses creative and production support across other platforms and mediums including social media and on-air.
Digital Content supports and furthers the blockbuster shows that appear on the ABC television network. The show sites themselves turn hourly, daily on-air content into a 24/7 content-rich and fan-focused experience. If you have a passion for television and entertainment, are highly creative, highly organized, and thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
The Content Producer role supports the development and implementation of overall ABC Entertainment Marketing digital strategy, taking cues from multiple stakeholders as well as internal groups, in order to create, cultivate and distribute cross-platform digital content to engage, delight, and grow the ABC audience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content, this position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Supports the ABC Entertainment Marketing Strategy Digital Content team
- Ideates, creates, and cultivates digital content in support of assigned ABC series
- Closely follows assigned ABC series (watch episodes, read scripts, follow digital fans, etc.)
- Ensures that all content on ABC owned digital platforms serves a broad range of fans and supports the brand and current marketing strategy
- Keeps a constant, keen eye on success metrics and market trends in digital media and course corrects quickly and appropriately
- Minimum of 2 years professional digital content creative experience
- Minimum of 2 years editorial experience: composing original copy as well as proofing and copyediting others’ work
- Experience with creating and curating video content
- Proven track record of handling high volume, concurrent requests from multiple stakeholders with successful outcomes
- Extremely organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize requirements and make informed project/program tradeoffs
- Excellent communication skills (primarily with teammates and managers)
- Extreme attention to detail as well as a profound distaste for typos and spelling errors
- Experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of current trends and interest in future landscapes of digital platforms across web, apps and social media
- Experience creating professional digital content across multiple platforms and mediums including web, apps, and social media
- Experience creating professional digital content in support of other media, particularly broadcast or cable television series
- Proficiency with multiple content management systems and the ability to learn production processes quickly
- Experience using various documentation tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint/Keynote
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.