Content Security Manager
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 800542BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
The Walt Disney Studios includes Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight, Walt Disney Pictures, and Marvel Studios. The Content Security team supports these studios in protecting content creation through effective problem-solving, authentic partnerships, and technical expertise. Our team drives towards goals that include: a. fostering a culture of content security b. eliminating the risk of content leaks and c. tailoring security solutions to meet our partners’ needs. Our clients are the Studio production divisions and the Operations, Marketing, Distribution, Franchise, and Technology groups that create beloved content and bring it to audiences globally.
Are you passionate about addressing complex challenges and finding lasting solutions? Do you enjoy gathering details and collaboratively solving puzzles?
- This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a structured approach to content breach response, investigation, and follow-up preventative activities
- Quarterback responses to new incidents, pulling in Content Security subject matter experts, internal and external partners, and technical resources as needed
- Develop and maintain a repeatable process for compiling, organizing, analyzing, and archiving investigation information
- Partner cross-functionally across CS team and extended Disney org to ensure identified gaps are proactively addressed to mitigate risks
- Serve as CS team point of contact for intake of new incident information and related requests
- Partner with internal security ops, app & cloud security, vendor audit, and business advisory domains within the team for context and relevant data
- Coordinate closely with Corporate Anti-Piracy Investigations, Global Security Investigations, InfoSec investigations, and individual content banner security leads as needed
- Generate detailed deliverables, including supply chain timelines and analysis of physical and system-based access
- Implement and manage the appropriate tools to ensure investigative information is meticulously documented, visible to security partners, and kept confidential
- Develop stakeholder update documentation to ensure that senior executives remain informed with latest information
- Generate remediation action plans and partner with technical and process subject matter experts to reduce risk of a recurrence
- 3-5 years of experience in program management, business operations, management consulting, IT security strategy, or a related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure security principles
- Knowledge of common enterprise IT security tools and techniques
- Fluency in business applications to organize information, build dashboards, and visualize processes
- Knowledge of terminology and processes associated with creative media production and distribution
- Polished written communication skills to produce high-visibility executive-facing memos, presentation decks, and briefs
- Integrity and a desire to address critical business risks and issues
- A genuine passion for media and entertainment and a concern for the security of creative works
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the fields of industrial engineering, business administration, film/television, communications, liberal arts, social sciences, or related fields
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.