Contract AdministratorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019230 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Contract administrators in the legal department at Walt Disney Pictures are computer savvy, quick-thinking, deadline oriented employees. They deal with talent agencies, managers and entertainment law firms outside our company, and interact with Disney co-workers in our legal, business affairs, production, accounting, finance, and creative departments. They have a good understanding of how movies proceed from beginning to end, and work every step of the way to ensure that money and information flow to the right places and the right people at the right time. We are looking for someone who can read and understand above-the-line contracts, can navigate the payroll and accounts payable process, and meet the expectations of executives and agents.
- Contract Analysis:
- analyze above-the-line talent agreements issued by Studio Business and Legal Affairs
- identify and summarize rights granted to the Studio or reserved by rights holder
- assess Studio’s financial obligations to talent
- enter financial and legal data into multiple database platforms
- generate scheduled and ad-hoc reports
- conduct rights research
- Payments and Contract Administration:
- maintain working knowledge of payroll and SAP procedures
- keep up to date on guild, tax, and state/federal employment requirements
- act as liaison between outside reps and Studio Legal, Business Affairs, Creative, and Development/Production Finance departments
- manage payments for rights and services from development through production
- prepare legal correspondence for turnarounds, options, and above the line payments
- enter critical dates calendar in department database
- send out timely reminders to Studio executives of upcoming critical development and/or production dates
- Database consultation and testing
- work with IT to enhancements to D3 database system
- determine best practices to enhance contract processing throughout Studio
- Proficient in MS Office
- Motion picture legal experience
- Strong ability to focus on details and be well-organized
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Understand relational databases and web design
- Ability to think creatively to solve logistical problems
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.