Already applied?View Dashboard
Contract Reporting Analyst (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692856BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios,Disney Music Group Date posted Aug. 05, 2019
To stream classic Disney hits, please visit: http://disneymusic.co/DisneyHits.
The Music Royalties department is responsible for the calculation, payment, and reporting of music royalties to artists and publishers for the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels. The team ensures that quarterly reportings are accurate, and are distributed and paid in accordance with contractual terms.
Please note, this role is statused as "Project Hire" with benefits for a duration of 6 to 12 months
- Set-up royalty rates based on contractual obligations
- Handle US accounting on all revenue streams and configurations
- Respond to inquiries from statement recipients
- Ensure accuracy of royalty expense and activity through precise rate structures
- Process and review royalty statements; identify and resolve outstanding issues
- Liaise with Business Affairs, Licensing and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the full scope of royalty-bearing participants are properly accounted to
- Partner with internal
- Minimum 2 years of in-depth knowledge of mechanical royalty accounting
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to apply logic and finance principles to solve complex problems from multiple stakeholders
- Proven success in managing competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios,Disney Music Group:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.