Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator - Broadcast PublicityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 616330BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Dec. 05, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Coordinator, Publicity Assets, supports the processes that go into the creation of visual assets for Publicity campaigns. The duties span four Disney Channels (Disney Junior, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Radio Disney) and Freeform and are mainly office-based. This includes organizing, scheduling, planning, clip-sourcing and distribution to television, radio and online media. The role also coordinates red carpet and large-scale press events for Freeform and blogger events for Disney Channels.
- Brainstorm concepts for Electronic Press Kits/social content; help obtain interview footage as needed.
- Develop creative announcement concepts that will travel and generate buzz around series and events.
- Coordinate and post daily (including weekends) social media posts for PR handles
- Coordinate copy and assets to create notifications to press about new screeners, clips and features
- Manage clip requests from team of Publicists
- Interacts with media relations management, talent and staff
- Interacts with Social Media Platform providers, and other PR counterparts
Basic Qualifications:Technical skills
Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
A minimum of one (1) year related work experience
Two to-three (2-3) years related work experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment with multiple priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule when necessary
- Experience working in television and/or entertainment publicity
- Knowledge of digital media formats
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.