Coordinator, Business Operations
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 888527BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 19, 2021
Job Summary:Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
In this coordinator position, you will support the development of general Business Operations. You will work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the DMED Technology Team, including Global Program Management, Portfolio Management, Resource Management, and Administrative Services. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication and organization skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to concurrently manage multiple workstreams and projects.
In addition to contributing to the success of projects, you will coordinate bodies of work across the team such as creating and updating power point decks as well as planning special events. Also, you will provide administrative support for Senior level executives with visibility across the organization. This position will report to the Director, Resource Management.
This position can be located in Burbank, CA, Bristol, CT or New York, NY.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to Senior level executives, including scheduling meetings, processing expenses, managing travel arrangements, and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Compile internal communications including written memos and presentation decks & help to maintain process documentation, while also striving to identify opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency.
- Be a strategic business partner to internal key stakeholders such as Global Program Management, Portfolio Management, Administrative Services and Resource Management. This will include work on projects across the organization as well as space planning efforts.
- Assist Sr. Executives & project teams in preparing for major meetings, all hands, and training sessions, including creating and updating PowerPoint and/or Keynote decks, special holiday projects, and team building events.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of project management/administrative support experience.
- General Skills:
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to learn new software.
- Highly effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and a global network of internal and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products and businesses.
- Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment and diplomacy.
- Highly collaborative mind-set.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and partnering capabilities with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Project Management:
- Known for your ability to be detail oriented in all facets.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Work Schedule:
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate some overtime if needed.
- Ability to work on international initiatives which will involve meetings across time zones and regions, with a mindset towards global scalability.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.