Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Community EngagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701899BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
The role supports the execution of Los Angeles Community Engagement and Disney VoluntEARS programs and campaigns. This complex role has specific responsibilities in multiple streams of work including: Tracking charitable cash and in-kind contributions and implementing first step approvals in the contribution management system; Tracking department program spend on a quarterly basis; Supporting the logistics and execution of community engagement and Disney VoluntEARS programs and projects; Posting of projects on the VoluntEARS OnLine system; Disseminating marketing and communication materials to employees and key participants, working in alignment with the internal communications team; Assisting with the creation of collateral materials, tribute journal ads and presentations; Assisting with filing and inventory/supplies maintenance; Conducting research on nonprofit organizations as needed.
Additionally, this role will collaborate with the NY based Coordinator on Enterprise level community engagement by: Tracking contributions and budget on a quarterly basis; Maintaining established protocols for contribution management in the system; Ensuring timely processing of payments; Supporting a unified approach to program implementation, timing, communications and impact reporting.
Responsibilities:Community Engagement – 20%
- Supports the cohesion of the LA and NY teams by collaborating daily with the NY Coordinator on programs design and implementation, marketing and communications and impact statistics (D)
- Enterprise Supports the management of LA and NY community engagement contributions, in collaboration with NY Coordinator, by proactively tracking quarterly contribution schedules for cash, in-kind and program budgets, regular Contribution Management System reviews and prompt vendor and pcard payments (W)
- Support global VoluntEARS projects which would include project set-up with site leaders and working with nonprofits. (M)
LA Community Engagement – 30%
- Supports Community Engagement strategies, activations, and logistics (D)
- Assists with nonprofit vetting, charitable correspondence and follow up for cash contributions and implements the first step in the approval process of granting donations through the online contribution management system (W)
- Tracks charitable cash budget, in-kind, community engagement and VoluntEARS program budgets (W)
- Supports in-kind donation distribution and inventory maintenance (W)
- Supports development and implementation of internal (for employees) and external (for local nonprofits) community engagement events and campaigns (W)
- Tracks reportable impact statistics (M)
- Prepares budget spreadsheets (M)
LA Disney VoluntEARS – 30%
- Coordinates project postings, logging hours and Project Leader training on VoluntEARS Online (D)
- Supports the implementation of the VoluntEARS programs and campaigns (W)
- Coordinates the Leadership Council communications, project applications and meeting agendas (M)
Program Marketing/Recruitment/Correspondence/Collateral– 10%
- Working with the internal communications team and the NY Coordinator, oversees communications and marketing of community engagement and Disney VoluntEARS programs and campaigns through Backlot/Newsreel and other internal communications postings and updates (W)
- Updates Communications and Events Grid for the LA team (W)
- Creates charitable event tribute journal ads design as well as other marketing collateral creative for posters, banners, etc. (W)
- Supports the development and creation of presentation decks (M)
In-Kind Charitable Contributions – 10%
- Supports the management of inventory of merchandise for donation and handles distribution logistics in adherence with Management Audit guidelines (W)
- Maintains best practice standards for tracking and reporting of in-kind donations (W)
- 4-year degree in Business, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Corporate Citizenship or related area and/or relevant work experience
- Ideally 1 – 2 years’ experience with office procedures and tools, such as video conferencing and other technology.
- Experience in event management and logistics.
- Experience in budget management.
- Strong project management and partnership skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- High customer service orientation
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Advanced knowledge of:
- Power Point
- Certificates in Corporate Citizenship, Fundamentals of Grantmaking or other applicable advanced learning in the field.
- Familiarity with nonprofit, community outreach and corporate volunteerism landscape
- Adobe Illustrator
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.