Coordinator, Content & Brand Insights (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 901832BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Disney General Entertainment’s (DGE) Content & Brand Insights team works in a consultative manner with Senior Leadership, Content Development, and Marketing Leaders across studios to deliver insights that inspire creative direction and development. Our role is to elevate the voice of the consumer, and provide a deep understanding of content needs and audience preferences across our brands. The department is seeking a Coordinator to join us. The Coordinator will report directly to the SVP Content & Brand Insights and provide project management support across a range of assignments.
Responsibilities:Under direction of the SVP, responsibilities will focus on collaborating across the DGE Insight teams to keep the department cohesive and being a key contributor to delivering best in class content insights. This is a new role and will most definitely grow in scope over time. Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Cross-team Project Management: In this highly collaborative role, the Coordinator will manage weekly and monthly status reports, lead content showcase meetings, and work on other ad hoc projects across the Insight org as they arise.
- Creation of Key Presentations: the right candidate will be highly skilled at creating impactful presentations and deliverables. Creating presentations using a design eye, data visualization, and an ability to edit/distill findings into high level headlines will be key.
- Assisting with a wide-span of network/studio research projects: assist in preparation, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies:
- Focus Groups (online or in person) - assist on logistics and coordination with internal teams, handle requests, take notes, distill and summarize findings
- Quantitative studies - review questionnaires, test survey links, review data/tabs, summarize relevant data into stories, format slides/reports to be executive friendly
- Exceptional organization, time management, and project management skills
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Comfort presenting to and interacting with executives and senior leaders
- Friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- High attention to detail and work quality
- Flexible and will embrace new assignments as priorities shift
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Advanced writing skills and ability to eloquently synthesize information
- Collaborative, able to work across a variety of teams and establish strong relationships
- High interest in the Consumer Insights field– this role will provide opportunities to lean into projects/stretch assignments across the team; willing to learn both qualitative and quantitative primary research methodologies bespoke to a media/entertainment company
- A minimum of 1 year of experience within research/consumer insights
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (strong Powerpoint design skills)
- Must be passionate about television content and an avid viewer across a variety of platforms
- Previous experience within the entertainment industry or content development roles a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience including Internships
- Bachelor’s degree within psychology, social sciences, communications, media, or related fields
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.