Coordinator - CopyrightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714222BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
This role is initially based in Century City and will transfer to Burbank, CA in the Spring of 2020.
- The Copyright Coordinator will assist paralegals in preparing, obtaining and organizing materials for copyright registration purposes. This includes but is not limited to: 1) Communicating with internal segments of the organization and with 3rd party vendors; 2) identifying, downloading & transferring of digital media from internal and 3rd party delivery systems & databases; and 3) researching and gather information and documentation for special projects.
- Additional responsibilities include: 4) Filing and archiving of physical & digital files; 5) Maintaining data & records in the Copyright Database and Document Management System; and 6) General administrative duties including mailing, shipping and light phones.
- 2 years of legal or library science experience
- Excellent writing & oral communication skills.
- Strong research & analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Proficient at Excel & Word
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to work well with others
- Promotes a team spirit of common effort and results
- 2 years legal experience in intellectual property or library science experience
- Spanish or Portuguese not required, but is a plus
- Disney Company experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal Certificate
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later