Coordinator, Current Programming (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 746064BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
The Freeform Original Programming & Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for Coordinator, Current Programming.
- Coordinate and attend writer and director general meetings for potential staffing
- Responsible for coordinating internal staff meetings
- Coordinate and attend industry showcases, comedy showcases, plays, and screenings to track new voices for staffing
- Discuss potential voices for staffing in team meetings
- Maintain relationships professionally and socially with agency and studio counterparts to allow for the extraction of as much competitive information as possible
- Participate in notes calls with writers and producers
- Track and read incoming spec material
- Prepare documents and take notes during all department meetings and retreats
- Create presentations for the department when needed
- Act as the liaison between company executives and production offices to make sure the needs and questions of both are addressed
- Track, read, and evaluate all agency and staffing submissions
- Work to identify, track, and build relationships with new and unknown writing, acting, and directing talent
- A minimum of 3 years of previous administrative assistant experience in a high volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency
- Experience with scripted television development process and cycles
- Experience/relationships with production companies, agents, writers and producers in the scripted space
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone with a passion for television and the desire for a career in TV
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Minimum of 1 year of current programming experience
- SAP experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.