Coordinator - Development (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711551BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
The Freeform Original Programming & Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for Coordinator, Development role. This individual will be a member of the creative team and help the network build its new brand through the development of innovative scripted series.
- Coordinate and attend writer and director general and pitch meetings for potential development
- Responsible for coordinating internal staff meetings
- Coordinate and attend industry showcases , comedy showcases, plays, and screenings to track new voices for development
- Discuss potential voices for development during weekend read and development meetings
- Acquire competitive scripts and pilots to allow the department to maintain an understanding of the comedic landscape at other networks and in cable
- Maintain relationships professionally and socially with agency and studio counterparts to allow for the extraction of as much competitive information as possible
- Participate in notes calls with writers and producers
- Track and read incoming spec material
- Hire and overseeing the training of all department interns
- Prepare documents and take notes during all department meetings and retreats
- Create presentations for the department when needed
- Assisting the Scheduling Coordinator in the overseeing of pilot screenings
- Acting as the liaison between company executives and pilot production offices to make sure the needs and questions of both are addressed
- Distribute pilot scripts, revisions, dailies, and cuts to network executives
- Oversee the security of pilot cuts and dailies by carefully managing distribution and storage
- Track, read and evaluating all agency and staffing submissions
- Working to identify, track, and build relationships with new and unknown writing, acting, and directing talent
- A minimum of 3 years of previous administrative assistant experience in a high volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency
- General understanding of the television development process and cycles
- Knowledge of agencies and networks
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone with a passion for television and the desire for a career in TV
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Minimum of 1 year of development experience
- SAP experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.