Coordinator, Disney Music GroupApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734380BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include (Grammy nominated) Demi Lovato, Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, BOBI, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty And The Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the Oscar-nominated “Mary Poppins Returns,” “Captain Marvel,” and “Dumbo.” Upcoming soundtracks include “Avengers: End Game,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” and “The Lion King.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty And The Beast, Soy Luna and many more.
The Coordinator, Disney Music Group primary responsibility is to provide front desk (reception) support and administrative back-up to assistants/coordinators throughout DMG including for senior leaders including the President. Additional responsibilities includes ordering office supplies ordering, and organizing and maintaining product and storage rooms.
- Answer phones, forward calls and deliver messages to the appropriate parties across DMG
- Maintain, order and stock all kitchen and office supplies
- Coordinate drive on passes and WiFi access for all external guests
- Greet all guests
- Handle content for TV & Projectors
- Process free goods requests
- Maintain calendars and scheduling for the conference rooms
- Close out UPS machines at end of day and maintain order in the mailrooms
- Receive, sort and distribute mail that comes to 2700 (fan mail, invoices, checks, etc.)
- Submit requests for temporary resources as needed
- Train and act as crisis site coordinator
- Assist with special events and meetings
- Fill in for the assistant to the DMG President and other executives, as needed, including maintain calendar, coordinate travel arrangements, handle incoming mail / email and prioritize appropriately.
- At least 2 years of experience in an executive support or similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in fast-paced environment (deadlines, prioritization, multiple tasks).
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a “team-player”
- Familiarity with SAP, Concur and phone systems
- Bachelors degree
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.