Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Educational Resource Group & Diversity (Disney Channels)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 715238BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Channel,Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
The Coordinator, Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives will support the Diversity & Inclusion and Culture initiatives across Disney Channels. This individual will be a strong leader with the ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities at every level of the business.
- Plan and execute D&I industry/employee events and mixers
- Organize and facilitate new hire orientation through lens of D&I
- Support Disney Channels Speaker Series through planning and logistics
- Manage Inclusion events, including Show Your Stuff, Inclusion Day, Coffee Talks, and Screenings
- Support Disney Channels Download Meeting as necessary
- Assist Sr. Manager, Culture Initiatives and VP, Educational Resource Group & Diversity and Inclusion, as necessary
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience working in television at the network level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Naturally curious and collaborative with entrepreneurial drive
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm for making change in a large organization
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Experience working at The Walt Disney Company, ideally Disney Channels
- Experience with event planning
- Ability to ask hard questions, champion change and experiment with new ideas
- Ability to embrace candor, transparency and collaboration
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
- Dual reports to VP, Educational Resource Group & Diversity and Inclusion and Sr. Manager, Culture Initiatives
About Disney Channel,Walt Disney Television:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.