Coordinator, Executive Communications (Disney Entertainment Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10047664 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted May 09, 2023
This role will provide strong support for the executive communications team for Disney Entertainment Television (DET), which supports and collaborates with all content brands of the portfolio. In addition to executive communications, this team is responsible for crisis communications strategies and issues-oriented messaging, with an emphasis on social-impact awareness, trends and practices. The coordinator will be responsible for compiling press coverage reports, managing the team’s calendars and maintaining shared files including the master press list, status reports, content narratives and meeting notes. Additional duties include providing administrative and sometimes creative support for the editorial chief and manager of Editorial with duties predominantly focused on the dissemination of DET’s linear and streaming information to external and internal partners. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, professionalism, and be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and efficiently. This position will support multiple leaders and work streams. Exceptional organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines is also required.
- Compile crisis communications press coverage reports
- Support senior members of team with executive communications and content narratives for strategic communications
- Support director of communications in drafting and archiving script/program summaries, with emphasis on thoughtful analysis and strategic communications
- Assist with communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies
- Work closely with editorial chief and manager of Editorial to ensure any and all programming information (episode descriptions, broadcast grids, key art) is current and distributed to press and listings providers for the electronic press guides
- Manage master press list and press contact database for the team
- Maintain and manage team calendars and meeting notes
- Format and design PowerPoint/Keynote presentation slides
- Assist team in researching/vetting outlets, reporters, etc.
- 2+ years of experience, with a general understanding of the communications landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an exceptional understanding and command of the English language, grammar, and punctuation
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to grow and foster internal and external work relationships; work collaboratively with outside partners and vendors
- Demonstrated effective presentation abilities
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working within a team environment and independently
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- A sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities
- Familiarity with TV/entertainment and streaming content
- Familiarity with AP Style Guide is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Ability to quickly familiarize oneself with and grasp different software and platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Must take responsibility and accountability for assigned projects, and have a sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities
- Must be professional at all times and positively contribute to a culture of mutual respect.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ad hoc departmental assignments, as needed
- 2+ years of related work experience in the television industry
- 2+ years in copy editing or related field.
- Critical thinking along with a strong interest in crisis communications strategies and issue-oriented messaging are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with emphasis in English, Communications, Media Relations or Public Relations) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, California is $ 51,120 to $70,290 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.