Coordinator, Music Contract Administration (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 792305BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 12, 2021
Responsibilities:Provide administrative support and generally assist all members of the DGE Music Licensing team with respect to the clearance, licensing and payment of large quantities of music licenses annually; Assist with reviewing, drafting and negotiating music licenses for use in-show, in on-air and online promotions, and other exploitations; Reconcile licenses with approved templates and terms; Maintain a tracking system for all music licenses from initial clearance through the distribution of fully executed licenses and payment of license fees; Ensure that all fully executed music licenses are properly filed in the DGE Music Licensing digital filing system; Distribute fully executed music licenses; Request and process mechanical licenses; Issue master use licenses to third parties for DGE owned content.
- Knowledge of the music licensing business
- General understanding of music copyrights
- Ability to research songwriter, music publisher, performer and record label information for songs and masters
- Proactive thinker with the ability to multitask and juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable working in a high pressure environment
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively within a large team
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to achieve perfection
- Comfortable communicating with DGE executives across various departments
- Competency working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Interest and knowledge of the music for television, music publishing and record business
- Minimum 1 year music licensing and/or music contract administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.