Coordinator, Originals - Variety & SpecialsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731853BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
The Coordinator, Originals – Variety & Specials role will focus on assisting with the development, strategy, and execution for the Variety and Special Event content for Disney+. The ideal candidate will have some experience in live broadcasts, original special event programming, and original unscripted content development/production. The role will report to the Director of Variety & Specials.
- Maintaining tracking grids of project updates across feature documentaries, multi-format non-scripted content, and short form projects through constant communication with key Disney stakeholders
- Supporting departmental projects as needed including preparing PowerPoint presentations, internal grids and additional research assignments
- Reviewing incoming proposals, treatments, video submissions, and providing thoughtful feedback and evaluation for the team to consider
- Helping to identify new creative opportunities (new talent, stories, short films, articles, etc.) for the department to pursue
- Tracking the competitive landscape across television and film, responsible for updating producer/director lists and checking availability through agencies and managers
- Roll calls & answer phones, maintaining a call sheet for management
- Schedule internal & external meetings
- Preparing and submitting expense reports
- Coordinating domestic and international travel
- Representing the department in a professional manner
- Liaising with other Disney executives, producers, writers, and other assistants internally and externally
- Strong critical thinking skills, a creative mindset, appetite for content
- Experience at Live Event productions as well as competencies from a Studio, Network, Production Company, or Talent Agency
- Working knowledge of the major players in the industry, including the major executives, producers, and directors
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe, Illustrator
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strong working relationships and ability to interface with varied levels of management
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Proactive attitude to seek and manage new initiative on behalf of the department as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience at Live Event productions as well as competencies from a Studio, Network, Production Company, or Talent Agency
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably a degree in English, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.